The most important habit a Christian can do is read the Bible every single day! Being a Christian and reading the Bible go together. It is rather difficult to know and follow Jesus Christ if one has not encountered Him through the pages of the Bible. If you read your Bible daily it will revolutionize your life, your community and your country. In fact, it was the rediscovery of the Bible by Martin Luther and his translation for the people that brought forth the Protestant Reformation, proclaimed liberty to our modern world and ushered in the greatest steps in human progress ever known in the history of our world. Yes, students of history know how much we owe our freedom and all that we hold dear in our modern world to the mere habit of reading the Bible (Halley's Bible Handbook, p. 816)! Nothing is more powerful than God's Word for changing hearts and lives. Today, I want to share with you a resource that has helped me cultivate the habit of reading the Bible on a daily basis.
If you have a smartphone, tablet or even just a laptop or desktop PC; download "The Bible App" from YouVersion in your App Store (for your computer CLICK HERE).
It is completely free and gives you access to the Bible in over 1,000 versions and over 770 languages. You can also download the Bible version you like right to your device so you can access the Bible without Wi-Fi while traveling. For example, I like the New International Version and the New Living Translation. You will have to setup an account, but it is worth it to keep track of your Bible reading progress. The real benefit to this app is in its numerous Bible Reading Plans. Once you choose one, your app will send you a reminded every day to read your Bible. I use "The One Year Bible" which is roughly four chapters of reading per day. If that is too much for you there are other plans as well. Below are some helpful tips for setting up your Bible app. Blessings on your Bible reading!
"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12
How To Download A Reading Plan
1) Tap the icon (with three horizontal lines) on the top left of your app.
2) Tap on the Plans icon (looks like a mini calendar).
3) If you already have a plan it will show up in this window. If not, tap the Brows Plans button on the bottom of you phone.
4) You can then choose from a plethora of plans; from family, to youth, to whole Bible and more.
5) Once you have found the one you like, tap on it. You will then see a screen that has a synopsis of the plan. In the top right there is a Start Plan icon, tap on it.
6) You can even choose to let your friends see your progress. If you don't choose no. You will then see the plan appear in your "My Plans" window.
7) Tap on your plan to begin your reading!
How To Setup A Reminder
1) Tap on your Bible Reading Plan
2) In the top right corner, you will see an icon (looks like a wheel). Tap on it and you will be brought to a new screen where you can set your reminder time.
How To Download A Bible Translation For Offline Use
1. Tap the abbreviation in the top right corner of the app. For Example, the NIV version, and a drop down bar will appear with a list of all the Bible versions to chose from.
2) Tap on the the download icon (any green image with an arrow pointing down).
3) After a few moments the icon will turn white with a grey arrow pointing down to show you have downloaded the Bible version to your phone.
4) You can now access this version of the Bible offline.
God Bless Your Bible Reading,