God of the impossible!
28/09/11 12:23 Filed in: Pastor Joel
“The people were thirsty for water there, and they grumbled against Moses. They said, ‘Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to make us and our children and livestock die of thirst?’ Then Moses cried out to the LORD, ‘What am I to do with these people? They are almost ready to stone me.’ The LORD answered Moses, ‘Go out in front of the people. Take with you some of the elders of Israel and take in your hand the staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink.’ So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel.” Exodus 17:3-6
- Are there things in your life that are impossible and would never happen to you? Add whatever it is in the blank; “______ will never happen to me!”
- Moses was in a desert with no water and millions of thirsty people. It was impossible for him to quench the thirst of so many people without any means. Providing water was impossible.
- Where did Moses turn? He was forced by circumstances to rely on someone greater than himself to provide the impossible. In fact, that is just what God did; He provided water from a rock! Last time I checked, water from a rock was impossible!
- Most of us first turn to ourselves in order to make the impossible happen. Moses reminds us that we should first turn to the Lord.
- Moses prayed to God for an answer to his impossible predicament. Have you turned to the Lord in prayer and asked for Him to do the impossible?